As writers, our job is to tell killer stories. In order to achieve that, we must never stop learning.
Here is a list (updated periodically) of resources I’ve tried and tested which have been paramount in helping me master my craft.
- Outlining Your Novel – K.M Weiland
- 2K to 10K: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love – Rachel Aaron
- Save The Cat!: The Last Book on Screenwriting You’ll Ever Need – Blake Snyder
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers : How to Edit Yourself Into Print – Renni Browne, Dave King
- The First Five Pages: A Writer’s Guide to Staying Out of the Rejection Pile – Noah Lukeman
- The Elements of Style – William I. Strunk
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Expression – Angela Ackerman, Becca Puglisi
- On Writing: A Memoir of the craft – Stephen King
- How To Write Dazzling Dialogue : The Fastest Way To Improve Any Manuscript – James Scott Bell
- The Emotional Craft Of Fiction: How To Write The Story Beneath The Surface – Donald Maas
- Bird By Bird : Some Instruction On Writing And Life – Anne Lamott
- The Anatomy Of Story : 22 Steps To Becoming A Master Storyteller – John Truby